Do you know that you can save money by getting the book The Legal, Professional, and Ethical Dimensions of Education in Nursing by Mable H. Smith, BSN, MN, JD, PhD in pdf version instead of buying one? We have the pdf version of the book Orphans of Islam available for free. Just click on red download button below to download The Legal, Professional, and Ethical Dimensions of Education in Nursing by Mable H. Smith, BSN, MN, JD, PhD for free.
The only volume on higher education law written specifically for nursing faculty, this volume imparts the basic foundations of the legal, professional, and ethical issues that concern faculty on a daily basis. It clearly defines the legal rights of students, professors, and educational institutions along with the case laws supporting those rights. Each chapter contains a vivid legal scenario, related legal principles and theoretical foundations, and critical thinking questions. Written by an author who is both a nurse educator and attorney, the volume emphasizes sound decision making so that readers can successfully navigate the complex legal issues confronting them in the faculty role.
This second edition reflects recent changes in higher education and includes an emphasis on students' rights and safety. Chapters address the general legal rights of students with expanded content on the interplay with social media, rights of faculty regarding freedom of speech, faculty protection against lawsuits, faculty and the employment relationship, faculty relations, the teaching and scholarship roles of faculty, the service and clinical practice role of faculty, and ethical considerations for patients, students, and faculty in education environments. Appendices include information on how to read a legal case and how to research legal topics.Key Features:
- Addresses the foundations of the legal, professional, and ethical issues that concern nursing faculty on a daily basis
- Defines the legal rights of students, professors, and educational institutions and the case laws supporting those rights
- Includes a legal scenario, related principles and theory, and critical thinking questions in each chapter
- Provides guidelines for legally appropriate actions and strategies to avoid legal problems
- Reflects recent changes in higher education
- Emphasizes students' rights and safety
- Author is perfectly credentialed (JD & PhD) and experienced (Professor, Dean, and experienced Attorney at Law) to write this book